1) Depends, are you going to use ansible for configuring windows systems,
or all sort of operating systems?
2) The distribution you're going to use ultimately doesn't matter, but
Fedora almost the same as Red Hat but more bleeding-edge and
community-driven. Since Redhat tends to be the corporate standard, you can
start with Fedora to be oriented towards that.
3) Redhat does provide a lot of courses to learn, yes, but you should start
by trying to use Linux as a desktop for a while. You can combine that with
learning ansible, by using ansible to configure your desktop initially,
then use it to build a lab.