On 12. okt. 2016 21:36, Alan Harkleroad wrote:
So I wrote a short playbook to update our VMs to update the
/boot/grub/grub.conf file to use a new hashed password but the playbook
comes back green with no changes. Not sure what I am doing wrong, any help
is appreciated.

---
- host: myhosts
  become: true
  become_method: sudo
  tasks:

  - name: Update grub.conf file with new passwd hash
    replace:
         dest=/boot/grub/grub.conf
         regexp='password --encrypted currenthash!@#$$$'
         replace='password --encrypted newhash12345667'

Hard to say without knowing how the current hash looks like, but if the hash contain any regexp special character they need to be escaped.
List of them you'll find here
https://docs.python.org/2/library/re.html#regular-expression-syntax

--
Kai Stian Olstad