Have you considered conditional includes
<http://docs.ansible.com/ansible/playbooks_conditionals.html#applying-when-to-roles-and-includes>?

Along with include_vars
<http://docs.ansible.com/ansible/include_vars_module.html#include-vars-load-variables-from-files-dynamically-within-a-task>

I think you should be able to achieve the desired effect.

Something like the below:

---

- name: include_vars example

  hosts: all

  tasks:

    - name: Debug hostname.

      debug:

        var: inventory_hostname

      # Different filenames with the same variables *should* override the
variables for each instance of playbook execution.

      # But precedence is tricky and I've had trouble getting things like
this to work in the past, so ymmv.
           - name: Include variables based on hostname.

      include_vars: "vars/{{ inventory_hostname }}.yml"

    - name: Print site name and port number.
             debug:

        msg: "My site {{ site_name }} is running on port {{ port_number }}."

# vim: ft=ansible:

Sorry if the formatting is a little wonky the code widget is a little weird
sometimes.

Hope this helps, best of luck.

Alex