Hi all, we're happy to announce that RC2 for 2.2.0 is now available for
This release candidate addresses the following bugs:
* More Python 3 fixes for the core engine.
* Fixed several bugs related to locating files relative to role/playbook
* Lots of fixes for networking modules.
* Several fixes for bugs found in the new include_role feature, especially
in terms of loops.
* Fixed a bug in the way hosts were tested for failed states, resulting in
incorrectly skipped block sessions.
* Several fixes to improve parsing of INI files and better error messages
during inventory parsing in general.
* Added feature to make interprocess polling interval configurable
(internal_poll_interval in ansible.cfg [general]), to allow people to tweak
this setting for different playbooks.
* Fixed a bug in the way our custom JSON encoder is used for the to_json*
* Fixed a bug in which the `free` strategy was not correctly returning
internal codes, resulting in incorrect task execution when using blocks.
* Fixed some bugs related to the use of non-ascii characters in become
* Fixed a bug in which a unicode file name caused errors in inventory
* Some fixes to the pbrun become method, to remove the `-b` option by
default (re-add to become_flags if you need it back).
* Fixed postgres* and subversion modules to ensure password fields were not
displayed when no_log=True is used.
* The `ansible_managed` string now defaults to something without variables
in it, so as to avoid incorrectly replacing files which have not changed.
* Moved 'Statically included...' messages to -vv verbosity.
How do you get it?
The tar.gz of the release can be found here:
You can also test against the git repository as follows:
$ git clone https://github.com/ansible/ansible.git
$ cd ansible
$ git checkout v220.127.116.11-0.2.rc2
$ git submodule update --init
You can then source our testing script:
$ . hacking/env-setup
or you can build your own .tar.gz (output will be
$ make sdist
If you discover any errors, or if you see any regressions from playbooks
which work on 1.9.x and prior, please open a Github issue and be sure to
mention you're testing against this release candidate.
Ansible Lead/Sr. Principal Software Engineer
Ansible by Red Hat
twitter: @thejimic, github: jimi-c
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Ansible Project" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view this discussion on the web visit
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.