I got the play working user dsc by removing the duplicate password entry,
but I also had to add the field of "PasswordAuthentication" and set this to
"Negotiate" for it to work! Thanks for your help.

In regards to your last question I get the error of "your username or
password is incorrect, try again".

My other issue is adding these users to groups..... I've sussed getting
them into the groups I need but it's also creating a new group in AD
merging the groups I have listed in the dict. An example of the newly
created (and unwanted group) is named "group1 group2" Snippet of dict is
below (have multiple users being setup with same structure as below)

testers:
- user: tester1
groups:
- group1
- group2
ou: "ou=Employees,dc=test,dc=com"
upn: 'test...@test.com'

- user: tester2
groups:
- group1
- group2
ou: "ou=Employees,dc=test,dc=com"
upn: 'test...@test.com'

Within the play I have.......

upn: "{{ item.upn }}"
groups: "{{ item.groups }}"
loop : "{{ testers }}" #Definted in group_vars

What am I doing wrong? Pretty new to using lists in dicts etc...... I did
try with_dict etc and specifying a list for the loop....

TIA.