I'm trying to create a bunch of domain application test accounts with the
same password using DSC Resource xADUser.

I have a file called secrets.yml that contains the password for these
accounts - secrets.yml is encrypted via Vault. This also includes
ansible_admin_user
and ansible_admin_pwd

I get a warning when running the play of "[WARNING]: failed to cast
property Password from 'XXXXXXX' of type System.String to type
System.Management.Automation.PSCredential, the DSC engine may ignore this
property with an invalid cast

And the play fails with.... "msg": "Convert property 'Password' value from
type 'STRING' to type 'INSTANCE' failed"......

Running Ansible 2.7

Domain controllers are W2K12 R2

- hosts: dcs gather_facts: no vars_files: - vars/secrets.yml tasks: - name:
Create new test accounts (DEV + Test Env) win_dsc: resource_name: xADUser

PsDscRunAsCredential_username: "{{ ansible_admin_user }}"
PsDscRunAsCredential_password: "{{ ansible_admin_pwd }}" # This is stored
in secrets.yml DomainName: test.com UserName: "{{ item.user }}" Password:
"{{ testuser_pwd }}" # This is stored in secrets.yml - encrypted via Vault
Ensure: present Path: "{{ testers_ou }}" DisplayName: "{{ item.user }}"
GivenName: "{{ item.user }}" Description: "{{ item.description }}" Enabled:
true PasswordNeverExpires: true loop: "{{ testers }}" #list defined in
group_vars

The psdscrunascredential_username I specified above is a domain admin
account that Ansible uses to run tasks against Windows boxes - password
stored in "PsDscRunAsCredential_password" is not the pwd stored in
parameter "password"/variable "testuser_pwd" as per first post.