It turned out that this issue is somehow related to permissions/security
settings - any suggestions? I asked our internal IT team to check security
event log:
Please, look what I've found:

***** RDP login, user: elvis *****

I've mounted drive under Z: letter, Z: drive is visible.

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Network\Z
(Default): REG_SZ (value not set)
ConnectFlags: REG_DWORD 0x00000000
ConnectionType: REG_DWORD 0x00000001
DeferFlags: REG_DWORD 0x00000004
ProviderName: REG_SZ Microsoft Windows Network
ProviderType: REG_DWORD 0x00020000
RemotePath: REG_SZ \\bellagio.intra.vegas.net\how\the\hell\to\solve\this\
issue
UserName REG_SZ

I've disconnected Z: drive, Z: drive disappeared.
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Network - there is no Z:

***** Ansible, ansible_user=el...@intra.vegas.net *****

I've executed playbook, Z: drive isn't visible in GUI.

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Network\Z
(Default): REG_SZ (value not set)
ConnectFlags: REG_DWORD 0x00000000
ConnectionType: REG_DWORD 0x00000001
DeferFlags: REG_DWORD 0x00000004
ProviderName: REG_SZ Microsoft Windows Network
ProviderType: REG_DWORD 0x00020000
RemotePath: REG_SZ \\bellagio.intra.vegas.net\how\the\hell\to\solve\this\
issue
UserName REG_SZ

1) PowerShell normal:
PS C:\Users\elvis> gdr -PSProvider 'FileSystem'

Name           Used (GB)     Free (GB) Provider      Root
                            CurrentLocation
----           ---------     --------- --------      ----
                            ---------------
A                                      FileSystem    A:\
C                  17.67         81.79 FileSystem    C:\
                               Users\elvis
D                                      FileSystem    D:\
E                   0.14         99.86 FileSystem    E:\

PS C:\Users\elvis> net use
New connections will be remembered.

Status       Local     Remote                    Network
Unavailable  Z:        \\bellagio.intra.vegas.net\how\the\hell\to\solve\this
\issue
                                                Microsoft Windows Network
                       \\TSCLIENT\C              Microsoft Terminal Services
                       \\TSCLIENT\S              Microsoft Terminal Services
                       \\TSCLIENT\V              Microsoft Terminal Services
                       \\TSCLIENT\W              Microsoft Terminal Services
                       \\TSCLIENT\X              Microsoft Terminal Services
                       \\TSCLIENT\Y              Microsoft Terminal Services
                       \\TSCLIENT\Z              Microsoft Terminal Services
The command completed successfully.

2) PowerShell as Administrator:
PS C:\Windows\system32> gdr -PSProvider 'FileSystem'

Name           Used (GB)     Free (GB) Provider      Root
                            CurrentLocation
----           ---------     --------- --------      ----
                            ---------------
A                                      FileSystem    A:\
C                  17.67         81.79 FileSystem    C:\
                            Windows\system32
D                                      FileSystem    D:\
E                   0.14         99.86 FileSystem    E:\
Z              465267.94     178455.74 FileSystem    \bellagio.intra.vegas.
net\how...

PS C:\Windows\system32> net use
New connections will be remembered.

Status       Local     Remote                    Network
OK           Z:        \\bellagio.intra.vegas.net\how\the\hell\to\solve\this