Dick Hi,

My requirement is not about configuring a webserver.

It is to maintain a check on a set of files. If the file changes by
checksum or permissions I wish to trigger an alert.

Thus, my ansible will stat the file and then compare the checksum and mode
that was previously stored in the include_vars file.

If they match we are good else we will trigger an alert.

Thus, I want to understand if my approach/format of storing mode and
checksum information for all files on all servers good? if not please
propose how should i design the include_vars files so I could read the
checksum and mode of a file on a  particular IP.