I use sql tasks with the oci driver.

As for your first problem, I experienced it as well.
My workaround is to only include one <sql> task per
target, then create multiple targets with dependencies
between them.

I don't understand your second problem. Everyone in
my group has the OCI dlls in their $PATH and it
works. I don't think we have $LD_LIBRARY_PATH set
but I'm not at work right now so I can't verify this.
But I don't think you'll be able to set these effectively
within the ant build file since the VM is already
started up. If you really want to to be able to set
these in the ant script, I think you'll need to use
the 'java' task to restart ant with the necessary env
variables set.

One nice addition to the Sql task (and the Ant task)
would be to add a 'fork' attribute.