On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 01:05:19PM +0000, Brian Nisbet wrote:
This morning Tobias and I asked the NCC to take the very unusual
step, effectively immediately, of removing the person behind
sv...@xs4all.nl from the Anti-Abuse WG mailing list. This was
not done lightly, rather it was done to safeguard this
community.

Safeguard it from what? Non-approved opinions? Please note that,
as a notional member of said community, I was not asked whether I
wanted to be "safeguarded". Thank you, Daddy, for looking out for
my well-being but I'm old enough to look after that myself...

It is not a place to insult, to decry, to repeatedly state the
same point over and over

While I agree, there are some others guilty of that, viz. the
repeated accusation that ISPs (and the RIPE NCC)  are criminals
(or at least in league with such) etc. Seemingly, they have yet
to be banned from this list.

or to discriminate against other members of the community based
on their race, creed, gender or sexual preferences.

A quick browse (and thanks for making me have to do that)through
the relevant contributions has not thrown up any obvious evidence
of any such statements. If you have any that I might have missed,
I'd like to see it. Otherwise, I think, an apology for what
certainly reads like a gratuitious accusation is more than
appropriate.

If we cannot maintain a list upon which reasonable discussion
can take place, then it leaves our community in a weakened
state.

Agreed. So, if censorship be it, please remove all the other
trolls, including their sockpuppets, from this list. I suspect it
will be a very quiet one after that and perhaps deservedly so.

If nobody is to be allowed to ridicule or criticise the "other"
side - and the contributor has a valid point, however annoyingly
presented, it is not a "community" but a "cult".

Kind Regards,
Sascha Luck