De: anti-abuse-wg <anti-abuse-wg-boun...@ripe.net> en nombre de ox
<an...@ox.co.za>
Organización: ox.co.za
Fecha: martes, 29 de mayo de 2018, 15:57
Para: JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via anti-abuse-wg <anti-abuse-wg@ripe.net>
Asunto: Re: [anti-abuse-wg] GDPR - positive effects on email abuse

    I am so happy that you are asking this question :)

    This is what causes much confusion with people, including experienced
    netadmins, sysadmins and many very technically advanced people.

    You can use any email address as an example: anti-abuse-wg@ripe.net

    Please think about it for a second:

    How would you go about sending spam to this email address without using
    an IP number?

    It is not possible for Internet abuse to exist - without an IP number.

    So, for this wg : EVERYTHING that is abuse is powered by IP numbers.

    Andre

    On Tue, 29 May 2018 15:51:38 +0200
    JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via anti-abuse-wg <anti-abuse-wg@ripe.net> wrote:

    > How come you can't send spam without the IP?
    >
    > I can look for new registered domains, use whois for catching the
    > emails that appear there, and then spam them.
    >
    > This is something that I experience everytime I register a new
    > domain, tons of spams to the whois recently created email contacts.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Jordi

that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this
information, even if partially, including attached files, is strictly
prohibited, will be considered a criminal offense, so you must reply to the
original sender to inform about this communication and delete it.