Jordi,

This is a technical statement, it is not a pov (point of view) - it is a simple
and salient fact:

No abuse on the Internet is possible without an IP number.

In your example:

the mail server = the IP number.

so the abuse originates from the mail server IP number.

the DNS = IP number

DNS is that service that translates names into numbers, so that you are
able to deliver your spam.

a domain by itself can do nothing.

hth

Andre