On Tue, 14 Jan 2020, Nick Hilliard wrote:

Gert Doering wrote on 14/01/2020 10:19:
And if it's not going to have the desired effect, do not waste time on it.

More to the point, the RIPE number registry should not be used as a stick for threatening to beat people up if they don't comply with our current favourite ideas about how to manage social policy on the internet.

It is a registry, not a police truncheon.

Hello,

(Going perhaps a bit off-topic...)

If people are not able to follow the rules of the registry, maybe they shouldn't be allowed inside the system... :-)

[Fact 1]
If someone provides falsified documents to the registry, that someone goes off the wagon.

[Fact 2]
If someone doesn't pay the registry in due time (after several warnings), that someone goes off the wagon.

<please feel free to add more here, if there are more ways of falling off the "registry wagon"...>

I would also feel comfortable if someone who indicates a 3rd party e-mail address as the abuse-mailbox for their _OWN_ address space, goes off the wagon (after some warnings, of course...). BTW, some years ago our physical address was added in whois to someone else's address space in a different RIR and that was _NOT_ a nice experience...

Regards,
Carlos

Nick