Dear all,

Thank you for your feedback and comments. We take them all into
consideration.

The request we received from the Dutch law enforcement authority was a
legally binding order.

Regarding the number of requests we received and our presentation of the
reason for the 'slight increase', we had intended to indicate that the
number of requests we received in 2019 was once again much greater than
the number of requests in years prior to 2018. We understand this was
not accurately reflected in the report and we amended the relevant
passage accordingly.

The updated document is available here:
https://www.ripe.net/publications/docs/ripe-741

Kind regards,

Maria Stafyla
Senior Legal Counsel
RIPE NCC

On 25/03/2020 14:21, Sander Steffann wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> We have published a transparency report that details the nature
>> of the requests we received from Law Enforcement Agencies in 2019.
>>
>> You can find the report at:
>> https://www.ripe.net/publications/docs/ripe-740/
>
> I see a small contradiction in there. At the beginning it is stated
that "The number of requests increased slightly from 2018 due to mainly
the fact that the RIPE NCC received repeated requests for the same type
of information from the same party in the United States.". However, when
looking at the numbers per country at the bottom the United States
submitted 38 requests in 2019 and 39 in 2019. So that doesn't seem to
explain the slight increase. It looks more like the 6 requests from
Germany (compared to 1 the year before) and some other requests from
different places have caused the increase.

> Not that it's that important, but I feel it would be more appropriate
to just state "The number of requests increased slightly from 2018" and
leave it at that.