-----Original Message-----
From: Sergei Sardanovsky [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 16 January 2002 12:02
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [balkans] CfA: East-West Crude Oil Transport Corridor in the
Aspect of the Black Sea Area Regional Security, Yalta, 22-26.4.2002

Dear Sirs,

      In 2000-2002 there were three international
meetings conducted by the Black Sea Area Research
Group (BSARG)
      At the end of April in Yalta (Crimea, Ukraine) we
are going to organize the next conference on topic:
"East-West Crude Oil Transport Corridor in the Aspect
of the Black Sea Area Regional Security". Together
with the conference there should be conducted the IV
BSARG Meeting on the same topic. That event will take
place with the help and financial support of the
Ministry of Fuel and Energy of Ukraine, Government of
the Crimea, State Share Company "Black Sea Oil and
Gas", Dogus University (Istanbul, Turkey), Tavrida
State University, Tavrida Ecological Institute,
Information Agency "Crimean Electronic
Communications", Information and Analytical Center
"Zlato Chernomoria".

      The working group on Black Sea Area Research
(BSARG) seeks to assess the situation in the Black Sea
Region through enhanced international cooperation and
strategic research on an academic level. The main
focus is to form the general conception of a
productive collaboration between the Black Sea area
countries and to strengthen political stabilization in
that region as the main factors of the  Black Sea area
security.

      The Conference will take place in Yalta, 22-26
April 2002. During the conference there will be an
exposition on the discussed topic and tours to the
local sights.

      The latest geopolitical development in the Black
Sea region gave rise to the main topic of the
forthcoming conference, which, at the same time, is
one of the topics proposed at the III BSARG Meeting
for further elaboration. The conference will follow
the outlined procedure: it will identify the main
problem areas, assess their relevance to the academic
community and identify those which the academics are
able to solve. The discussions during the conference
will be mainly focused on the Program issues.
Moreover, the continuation of the debate after the end
of the workshop until the next conference will be
supported.

FORMAT AND STRUCTURE OF THE CONFERENCE:
      The Conference will be organized through panel
discussions and question and answer sessions. The
Conference will consist of five day sessions on the
following topics:

Political Workshop:
1. Black Sea area political and geopolitical situation
development concerning the East-West crude oil
transport corridor. Western and local scientists,
analysts, and politicians points of view upon those
issues.
2. The place and role of Ukraine and Russia in the
modern infrastructure of the crude oil transport routs
from the Central Asia and Caspian regions to Europe.
3. Positions of the Russian leading oil companies
concerning Ukraine and its place in that structure.
4. East-West crude oil transport corridor: Modern
realities and perspectives of developments (experts
evaluations).
5. Possibilities of international institutions use in
the way to solve the issue of the oil consortium
creation for common exploiting of the Odessa-Brody
pipe line.

Economic Workshop:
1. Economic aspects of the «Blue Stream» project for
the states of the Black Sea region.
2. Free trade development in the Black Sea and Caspian
regions in the context of East-West crude oil
transport corridor, «TRASECA», and
Europe-Asia-Caucasus communication corridor projects.
3. Baltics - Black Sea cooperation in the united
Europe case.
4. Economy globalization as a factor of the Black Sea
states changed relations.

Environmental Workshop:
1. Black Sea states ecological security issues in case
of the crude oil transportation volume increase.
2. The solve of ecological problems while oil
terminals and oil pipe lines construction in states
with a high recreation infrastructure.
3. Public organizations and NGO role in oil transport
projects realization in the Black Sea region.

      Representatives from different scientific
organizations of Turkey (Dogus University, Marmara
University, Galatasaray University, Yeditepe
University), Greece (Balkan Trust Network),
independent experts from USA, Italy, Russia, Ukraine
took part in the previous BSARG international
meetings.
      Following the conference, the organizers plan to
publish a campaign booklet which will include the
conference speeches, and to present this information
on a CD. The booklet will be distributed to a wide
range of NGOs, politicians, regional ministries of
Foreign Affairs, newspapers.
      We would be glad to see you at our conference!
Please, fill in the Application Form and direct it to
the organizers:

BSARG
1, Shalfeinaya St., 95050 Simferopol, Crimea, UKRAINE
Tel./Fax: + 38 0652 260833
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Information Agency "Crimean Electronic Communications"
P/b #161, 95000 Simferopol, Crimea, UKRAINE
Tel.: + 38 0652 546201
Tel./Fax: + 38 0652 546201
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

See you at the conference in Yalta, 22-26 April 2002
ć.

With best regards,
Sardanovsky S.L., Co-director, BSARG; Director,
Information and Analytical Center "Zlato Chernomoria"
Vesna V.V., Director, Information Agency "Crimean
Electronic Communications"

Black Sea Area Research Group

International Conference
"East-West Crude Oil Transport Corridor
in the Aspect of the Black Sea Area Regional Security"

22-26 APRIL 2002

Yalta, Crimea, Ukraine

APPLICATION FORM

Name (Surname, Forename)
Organisation
Contact Address

Telephone
Fax
E-mail
Any special requirements?

TITLE OF THE SPEECH

Please, note that your oral speech shouldn't exceed 20
minutes. We don't limit your written version that
later on would be published in our BSARG booklet and
on a CD.

ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE

Arriving by Air

If arriving by air, please complete the following:

Name of Airline
Arrival Flight Number
Date of Arrival in Simferopol
Time of Arrival
Departure Flight Number
Date of Departure from Simferopol
Time of Departure

Transport fees:
Meeting and delivery:
____meeting at Simferopol airport and delivery by van
to the hotel   for $12 for one person
____meeting at Simferopol airport and delivery by car
to the hotel  for $ 35 for one person
____meeting and delivery by van from the hotel  to
Simferopol airport for $12 for one person
____meeting and delivery by car from the hotel  to
Simferopol airport for $35 for one person
Please organize the delivery for ___people on . April
______, 2002 and _____, 2002.

If you change your travel arrangements, please notify
us immediately otherwise we may not be able to
accommodate your transfer to the meeting venue.

FEE, ACCOMMODATION and MEALS
Registration fee for the meeting will be $75
Stay at Hotel  :
___   suite with 3 meals for $110 per day for one
person
____  single  room with 3 meals for $42 per day for
one person
____  double  room with 3 meals for $30 per day for
one person
Please reserve the Hotel for ___people from . April
___, 2002  to ____ , 2002 .
NOTE:

Excursion:
____ excursion to Alupka or _____to Livadia Palaces
for $10 for one person.
Please organize excursion for ___people.

Banquet:
Banquet at the end of the Conference- $25 for a
person.
Please organize banquet for ___ people
In total our participation in the conference equal to
_____________ USD .

Requisites for payment
BENEFICIARY   BANK   : Bankers Trust Company, New
York, USA
                                SWIFT : BKTRUS33
BENEFICIARY
CUSTOMER        : Chernomorskiy Bank,  Simferopol,
Ukraine
acc. 04-411-982
DETAILS OF
PAYMENT: in favour of  IA KRELKOM acc.26009000330147
conference participation

If you have special needs,  please let us know and
provide special instructions.

Please send your completed registration form not later
than 31 March 2002, to the organizing committee by
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

We will confirm receipt of your registration within 48
hours.  If you do not receive confirmation, please
re-send your registration form.

We would prefer registrations by e-mail, however if
you wish to submit your registration by fax please use

+38 0652 260833 or + 38 0652 546201.

Organizing Committee

--- Florian Bieber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 > Dear Sergei,
 > thank you for your email and the announcement. The
 > attachment was, however,
 > messed up and not readible. I would thus ask you to
 > send me the email
 > again, preferably with the announcement in the body
 > of the messsage, as we
 > prefer not to send attachments.
 > Thank you and Best regards,
 > Florian Bieber