<<<<Czech Foreign Minister Jan Kavan, whose country sponsored a motion
to censure Cuba last year that was passed by 22 votes to 20 after a
diplomatic tussle, wasin Lima last week and said Peru was conducting
"informal negotiations" on the subject. >>>>

This issue of 'human rights' in Cuba must obviously be of great
significance to Peruvian officials given that they need reminding from
the European bastion of human rights, the Czech Republic as to its
importance; and 'bastion', to the extent that oppposition and dissent
towards to its government's policies is expressed in private ( that is,
muttered under one's breath).