http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow.asp?art_id=11375660

The Times Of India
April 30, 2002

US, British troops gather on Pak-Afghan border
PTI [ MONDAY, APRIL 29, 2002  6:11:48 PM ]

ASHINGTON: In yet another confirmation of the presence
of American troops in Pakistan, a report today said US
and British forces have gathered on Pak-Afghan border
targeting al-Qaeda fugitives in the country's tribal
areas.

US Special Forces and British Royal Marines, the
Washington Post daily said, have shifted attention to
Pakistan after weeks of chasing extremists in eastern
Afghanistan. The US-led troops hope to disrupt
attempts by al-Qaeda guerrillas to regroup in Pakistan
and mount new attacks in Afghanistan.

Mohammed Yaqoob, Afghan commander of the last
US-controlled checkpoint at Ghulam Khan, told the
paper: "Right now, we have completed 95 per cent of
places the Americans should go in Afghanistan, and now
they are starting the second phase in Pakistan.

"In the past, we were concentrating on al-Qaeda people
going out, but now we are concentrating very much on
people coming in".

http://health.yahoo.com