HTTP://WWW.STOPNATO.COM
---------------------------

http://rustavi2.com/news/news_text.php?id_news=35559&pg=1&im=main&ct=0&wth=

Rustavi2
February 7, 2010

Rasmussen talks on security of NATO at Munich conference

NATO should start taking care of its security from outside its borders, NATO
Secretary-General Anders Fogh Rasmussen told the Munich Security Conference
ahead of discussions of a new NATO Strategic Concept, conflict and other
security issues, the alliance`s head said on Sunday.

NATO should develop closer ties with China, India, Pakistan and Russia and
consult with them on the Afghan [war].
`We need the European Union to support civilian projects. We need the IMF and
the World Bank to fund civilian reconstruction from streets to schools and we
need Pakistan and all the other neighbours of Afghanistan to be engaged in a
constructive way. But this can`t all happen in parallel, it has to happen
together in a coordinated and mutually supporting way, this is a key lesson we
are learning in Afghanistan today. What could be the harm if countries such as
China, India, Pakistan and others were to develop closer ties with NATO? I
think in fact there would only be a benefit in terms of trust, confidence and
co-operation.` Rasmussen said.
or
stopnato-subscr...@yahoogroups.com

Daily digest option available.