Hi,

Happy to sse that Coraid is contributing to the kernel.org initiator!
I have tryed for a while to convince customers of my former company to give
AoE a try. After presenting them the technology they had no doubt about AoE
superiority over iSCSI. However, they often chose iscsi as it appeared to
be the de-facto standard.
IMHO, this is, for a large part, due to the lack of activities in the
various opensource implementation. That said this lack of activity is
understandable as the specs didn't evolve, so I presume only few work has
to be done...
Targets like AoE are realy interresting project, but are now abandonned
(partly) because of this I guess.
In any case an activity on the client side is a good news!

Question... is it possible to use Coraid HBA with a Linux target? If so,
does it drop the need for the sofware initiator?

Kind regards.