Windows 64?

From: Gustaf Neumann [mailto:neum...@wu.ac.at]
Sent: 06 October 2012 22:08
To: aolserver-talk@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [AOLSERVER] naviserver to replace aolserver?

On 06.10.12 18:28, Maurizio Martignano wrote:

This is a very good question.

3. Naviserver has a Win32 folder containing some Visual Studio project files
(something similar to the makefiles), but they are in Visual C++ Studio 2006
style. So my guess is that Naviserver has never been compiled for Windows
64.

zoran uses naviserver on most machines under windows, but with their
commercial
product and their configuration. so, their should not be a principal problem
with this.

i have just compiled the actual naviserver with Msys + Mingw under windows 7
and fixed a few glitches in the process (and committed these to the
repository).
The most serious problem was with Tcl_StatBuf in tcl8.5.12, where one
has to add -D_USE_32BIT_TIME_T to the Makefile flags. For details, see:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3474726&group_id=10894&atid
=110894> &aid=3474726&group_id=10894&atid=110894

4. I am not sure the ns_oracle driver I specially debugged and corrected for
Quest and that works on Aolserver will work also Naviserver.

most likely, the oracle driver will work out of the box.

-gustaf neumann

So I will further investigate this point, but:
If I do not manage to  compile Naviserver on Windows 64 (as I said in other
posts I am not at all interested in Windows 32) or
If I do not manage to port my version of the ns_oracle driver
I will stick to Aolserver.

Regards,
Maurizio