Rob,

That is interesting, thanks for commenting. I know that mod_dav has some C
code which seems to produce lock tokens according to that spec. E-tags, I
wasn't sure about. They just look like the other UUIDs.

I have a different dilemna in that most web sites I work on are dynamically
generated so AOLserver couldn't figure out an E-Tag by itself anyway.

Dave

Rob Crittenden writes:

E-tags generated in Apache and Netscape Enterprise Server (and at this
point probably SunONE) are based on things like inode #, file size and
mtime.

rob

Dave Bauer wrote:
I'd like to try to comform to the WebDAV specification for this, but
that is handy to have a simple way to produce a similar result. That is,
one application of this would be to generate valid WebDAV lock tokens.
It also seems that HTTP e-tags also use the same type of GUID.
Dave