Looks like some regexp failing on the username:password.

ns_httpopen (called by ns_httpget) doesn't know how to handle basic auth
at all.

You could try using the Tcl http package instead, but I don't know if it
does it:

http://tcl.tk/man/tcl8.4/TclCmd/http.htm

Otherwise you will have to hack ns_httpopen to support it and submit the
patch! it's in aolserver/modules/tcl/http.tcl

Cheers,
Bas.