'Jesus' Jeff Rogers wrote:
Simple, because it's a config file setting, not anything to do with the underlying system. If your config file has

[ns/db/pool/main]
MaxOpen=1000000000
MaxIdle=1000000000

(which I think was done to work around some ancient bug in an ancient version of the nsoracle driver) then you get the problem. If your timeouts are more reasonable or 0 to explicitly specify never timeout, then no problem.

Ah. For whatever reason, in my config files MaxOpen and MaxIdle were commented out; that must be why my systems didn't encounter this problem.

Not defining these two vars must have been the way the 3.2.5 config file was distributed back in the day, as this is not something I would have thought to do. Leaving them undefined seems to have no ill effect.

So are people defining them to 0 or simply undefining them?