'Jesus' Jeff Rogers wrote:
I had problems starting at the exact same time but on Solaris, where they manifested as a EINVAL return from pthread_cond_tomedwait. After a day of tracing the problem with debug builds and working with my sysadmin to track what changed (of course, nothing had) I cam to the same 1 billion second issue.

Which coincidentally is the expiry time (MaxOpen and MaxIdle) set on my database connections. My system is ACS-derived, so I wouldn't be surprised if these database settings are common in other ACS-derived systems.

What do you think is the reason that not all systems encounter this 1B second issue? The passage of time is the one factor inevitably shared by every system running aolserver, yet not every system barfs in the same fashion. Why?