On 9/12/06, Titi Ala'ilima <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
This would best be asked in a postgres forum, but does anyone happen to know if
you can use the socket command in PL/Tcl?  I know I can use UTL_TCP in Oracle,
and ns_sock* in AOLserver.

If you have installed PL/Tcl as a trusted language (as opposed to
pltclu which loads Tcl in a safe interpreter that wouldn't be able to
use a [socket]).  See, e.g.,
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2006-09/msg00309.php

Michael