It may be that your browser can't find a protocol in common with the server. I
noticed that newer Mozilla browsers no longer connect with an old version of
nsssl (not openssl). But Konqueror still connects. Everytime it happens it
takes a few minutes for me to remember the issue. All I get is a blank page,
but not much of an indication of what is wrong.

tom jackson