Oh, that's an attractive notion. Very. I wish I'd thought of it years ago, would have simplified a lot of my logging. Actually it still would.

Jeff Rogers wrote:
The authUser field of a conn is logged by nslog and can be read with ns_conn authuser but is only set in the driver from basic authentication. Does anyone (other than me) think there would be value in allowing the conn username to be updated, i.e., by a new 'ns_conn setauthuser' subommand? The primary benefit would be to let you log usernames with requests in your access log when your authentication method is something other than http basic. A possible secondary benefit would be to standardize how different parts of an application (esp. a pluggable authentication system) could pass around the logged-in username.

I have a simple patch to add this to stock 4.5; a better overall approach would be to adopt naviserver's more flexible auth handling.

-J

To Remove yourself from this list, simply send an email to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> with the body of "SIGNOFF AOLSERVER" in the email message. You can leave the Subject: field of your email blank.