Hi,

I have an issue when using the Aolserver 4.5 for Win32 port by friendlybits
( http://www.friendlybits.com/en/inf_tec_en/win32openacs_en/ ).  This
version works pretty well on Windows Server 2003 except that there is a
weird behavior with ns_ora when using Oracle 10g and when running the
following command:

[ns_ora dml nsdb0
  begin
    raise_application_error (-20000, 'this is the user error message this is
the user error message this is the user error message this is the user error
message this is the user error message this is the user error message this
is the user error message');
  end;
]

The server crahes with no errror message in the log.  Seems to be a memory
leak in ns_ora.   I've tried the Oracle client 9i and the 10g and got the
same on both.  The server crashes with different lenght of messages.
According to the Oracle doc, the limit of the message including the error
code shouldn't exceed 512 characters.

I was wondering if you've had some similar issues before or just if you know
if there is any known issue with ns_ora and Oracle 10g on Win32?

Thanks in advance,
Enrique.