Hey,

Hopefully this is my last post on this subject, I think I actually found
the bug.

The bug is in NsAdpFlush from nsd/adprequest.c:

214-     */
215-
216-    Tcl_ResetResult(interp);
217:    if (itPtr->adp.exception == ADP_ABORT) {
218-    Tcl_SetResult(interp, "adp flush disabled: adp aborted",
TCL_STATIC);
219-    result = TCL_OK;
220-    } else if (len == 0 && stream) {

The bug was a missing line setting result to TCL_OK. (line 219).

Also, ns_adp_return cannot be used after and ns_returnxxx command as adp
processing continues after calling it.

Here are two test files:

test-adp-abort.adp:

<%

ns_return 200 text/plain hi

ns_adp_abort

%>

test-adp-return.adp:

<%

ns_adp_puts hi

ns_adp_return

%>

Both of these result in an access.log entry.

Before the change, ns_adp_abort would lead to an error message:

adp flush failed: connection closed
    abort exception raised
    while processing connection #2:
        GET /test.adp HTTP/1.1
        Host: 127.0.0.1:8000
        Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate
        Keep-Alive: 300
        Connection: keep-alive
        Cache-Control: max-age=0

This error message is valid if ns_adp_return is used after and
ns_returnxxx.

tom jackson