One thing which would be nice is to put the Tcl API into a module which
as to be loaded, and keep the C API available in the core. It is
obviously more work, but the admin has to make a choice to load the Tcl
API, which is more open to misuse. I did something like this for a few
additional ns_conn options.

Gustaf's idea is easier to pull off at least initially, but it shouldn't
be tied to an unrelated option like debugging. I leave on debugging for
low traffic servers and I can also turn it on/off on a per-namespace
basis.

tom jackson