The following reply was made to PR os-qnx/2296; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dean Gaudet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Saccoccio, Robert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: os-qnx/2296: SERIALIZED_ACCEPT on QNX
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 11:14:21 -0700 (PDT)

 On Fri, 29 May 1998, Saccoccio, Robert wrote:

 > "...that many architectures behave more 'nicely' if we serialize even the
 > single socket case.  So this is actually the default in almost all cases."
 >
 > What suggests to you QNX should be an exception to this?  I'm not suggesting
 > it should be different, I'm just curious.

 Well I know some of the QNX developers and suspect they got things right
 ;)  But really, the reason I did it, is to avoid a drastic change in
 behaviour for folks' current setups.  Right now no QNX user has has the
 locking, and presumably has become accustomed to the performance of their
 server and hasn't had to place a LockFile anywhere in the filesystem
 yet... and if they used multiple sockets, with 1.3 betas it would have
 told them their config wouldn't work.  So I just did that for the
 principle of "least surprise".

 Dean