On 12 Nov 2013, at 20:56, Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com> wrote:

> On 11/12/2013 03:49 PM, Tony Stevenson wrote:
>> I hazard a guess that apachecon.eu has since expired, it seems to be in the
>> locked state awaiting expiry. Do we really want to renew this if it has
>> indeed expired? Or rather re-register it?
> I really don't have an opinion on this. I seem to remember that someone
> outside of the foundation registered it, and then signed it over to us (S&S
> possibly?), but I could be making that up.

So unless anyone gets their collective panties in a twist I will drop the
apachecon.eu domain from the radar.

>> Can we possibly agree on one standard?  Is the site code sufficiently
>> generic that we can make the site na11.apacheonc.com, work at
>> www.apachecon.com/2011/na  or something?  So we support only one convention.
>
> Yes please. I'd prefer /year/VENUE personally, although
> http://apachecon.com/2006/Asia/ is the one weird one that we could probably
> leave as is.

So I guess that makes my question more pertinent.  Is the site sufficiently
coded so that this will just work if I sort httpd config? Can comdev look at
this and let me know, I will not progress anything until someone either
instructs me to just get on with it, or confirms the code is ok.

> Looks like we did in fact use that convention for the longest time. Looks
> like it's NA rather than na, although we called it US rather than NA up
> through 2010

I am happy to use whatever convention I am told to use, but I’d like to have us
support only one. We could use rewrite to capture the other known conventions
to the supported one.

Cheers,
Tony

Tony Stevenson