"Bernard Chardonneau" <bechapert...@free.fr>
writes:

> The question does not explain the whole problem. If in the source language,
> there is a strict way for ordering words and in the target language, another
> way, as strict for ordering them, I don't see any problem doing the transfer
> step first.
>
> But if the source language does not impose a way to put words (there is
> another way to know where is the subject or the object) but the target
> language does, it may be more simple to reorder words on the source
> language.

[...]

In apertium-interchunk, you can reorder chunks. These have been created
by apertium-transfer. If you run interchunk before transfer, you won't
have any chunks to reorder.

Since interchunk operates on chunks, you don't have access to neither
source nor target language lemmas, only the chunk tags. In
apertium-transfer, you have access to both source and target language
lemmas. If I understand you correctly, I think you want to do more of
your changes in apertium-transfer, and less in interchunk?

--
Kevin Brubeck Unhammer

GPG: 0x766AC60C