Hello Apertium team,

First, congratulations for the big work in the Apertium project. I hope to
be part of your team in this summer.

I am Roque López, a master student in Computer Science at São Paulo
University-Brazil (USP). I have strong interest in Natural Language
Processing, for this reason I am doing my master about Opinion
Summarization at NILC (*Núcleo Interinstitucional de Linguística
Computacional *http://www.nilc.icmc.usp.br/nilc/index.php)

Of the many ideas listed on the GSoC page, I am very interested in
"Improving support for non-standard text input", because, it has a direct
relation with my research topic.

I have already talked to Francis by the IRC channel and thanks to his advice,
I have finished the Coding Challenge, which is in my github repo:
https://github.com/rlopezc27/Coding_challenge_Apertium2014

In the next few days (today or tomorrow) I will be sending my proposal
and I would
appreciate any suggestions.

Regards,

--