On Thu, 9 Apr 2020 at 19:48, Jonathan Washington <
jonathan.n.washing...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 7 apr 2020, Ç.a. tarixində 05:44 tarixində Tino Didriksen <
> m...@tinodidriksen.com> yazdı:
>
>> On 2015-11-25, I started seriously looking into getting all the C++ tools
>> running natively on Android. Two weeks later (2015-12-07), everything
>> worked - I had the Simpleton UI running on Android, with the native tools
>> run as-is in the well-known pipes, with data files compiled on Debian.
>>

> Hmm, did you commit your work on this somewhere?

No, because there was nothing to really commit. But I've now put my tiny
collection of helpers in https://github.com/apertium/apertium-android-native

For UI, I took https://github.com/apertium/apertium-simpleton and built it
for Android. Then I built all the native tools via the Android NDK and
manually copied them over into the right places with adb. It was really
just to prove that it was possible.

I did get far enough to put the tool binaries are in
https://apertium.projectjj.com/android/ and test that downloading it
worked, but they're for Android SDK version 15 and 19. Ancient history in
mobile terms. And given the new restrictions, downloading the binaries will
no longer work anyway. But the data package downloads would work just fine.

-- Tino Didriksen