Hi,

Ariel, thank you for your reply. Thank you also for the
css.frame.PopupMenuController tip; it will be useful.

I have succeeded in being notified of all document events, but without using
jobs. Here is what I did in the XInitialization implementation.

    public void initialize(Object[] object) throws com.sun.star.uno.Exception {

     //
        // Register as a listener for ALL document events
        Object globalBroadcaster = serviceManager.createInstanceWithContext(
                "com.sun.star.frame.GlobalEventBroadcaster", xContext);
        XDocumentEventBroadcaster broadcaster = UnoRuntime.queryInterface(
                com.sun.star.document.XDocumentEventBroadcaster.class,
globalBroadcaster);
        broadcaster.addDocumentEventListener(this);
    …
    }

I am now on to retrieving document properties like the URL, the title, the
keywords, the user-defined properties, etc.

I might turn to jobs though, in case I hit a snag somewhere further ahead.

Regards,

-Amenel.