Hi Norbert,

On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 08:18:30AM +0200, DEWI - N. Zacharias wrote:

> > > [zac] This means that the use of UNO under Linux is not possible
> > > ??
>
> > No, as your first post was talking about MS Word, I assumed you are
> > working on Windows.
>
> That is not wrong but I want to change to Linux for some tasks. E.g.
> to produce the reports.
>

> >  If you are going to work with UNO on Windows and with C++, you need
> >  the Visual C++ compiler (OpenOffice is only 32 bit).
>
> As far as I understand it is possible to run OO remotely. So why do
> 32/64 bit  matter ?

It depends on what you are trying to do:

- "client applications" connect to the office "from outside", so you can
  start OpenOffice listening for remote connections on a certain port,
  the client application can be compiled in a different system and
  architecture than the "OpenOffice server"

- extensions implementing UNO components must be installed in the
  office; if you are trying to develop a C++ extension, you will need to
  compile a version for every OS and architecture

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina