From: apple-crop [mailto:apple-crop-boun...@virtualorchard.com] On Behalf Of
Mohamed Merigh
Sent: Monday, September 18, 2017 3:36 PM
To: apple-crop@virtualorchard.com
Subject: [Apple-Crop] Problem with pear trees

Hello from the Atlas Mountains in Morocco,

I hope somebody on the list can help me find the reason our two-year pear trees
produce a honey-like sticky substance.

I was told it is pear psyllia, but I do not see any insects on the trees.

Somebody else suspected gummosis.  I am familiar with gummosis on cherry trees,
but the sap we see on the pear trees is less viscous, and forms only a thin
layer that drips on leaves.

Thanks for your help,
Mo