Mo,
We had some breakage when planting trees on g41 as well, for several different
scion varieties. However, after the first year on a highwire trellis with poles
the graft unions have held up fine.  I left a few g.41 rootstocks to grow in
our cider block and they produced lots of flowers in the third leaf year. They
are a compact crab type tree, and should be good for pollen…
Cheers
Ian
Ian A. Merwin
Black Diamond Farm & Cider LLC
4675 Seneca Rd
Trumansburg, NY, 14886
E-mail: i...@cornell.edu<mailto:i...@cornell.edu>
Websites: www.incredapple.com<http://www.incredapple.com>
www.blackdiamondcider.com<http://www.blackdiamondcider.com>

On Mar 26, 2018, at 8:41 AM, maurice tougas