This is a personal observation on pruning that may be useful to others who experience joint pain from extended use of loppers. I am arthritic, so I probably have more pain from pruning than non-arthritic people. Nevertheless, I think this kind of work can damage hand, wrist, and shoulder joints of any man or woman. I have been generally satisfied with the loppers I have used during the past several years, but last week I bought a new lopper of a different make. I am amazed at the difference. My former brand had very firm bumpers, which did little to soften the shock produced when a cut is completed. The new lopper has a very effective pair of bumpers. In addition, the new lopper cuts with less effort, so that on completion of the cut, collision of the bumpers is less forceful. The blade is razor sharp, and it does not dull after a day of work. I don't know if I have found a unique lopper, or whether some other makes may be equally pleasing. But I know that right now I am very happy with the Bahco P16.

David Kollas
Kollas Orchard
Tolland, CT USA



---------------------------------------------------------------------------


The 'Apple-Crop' LISTSERV is sponsored by the Virtual Orchard <http://www.virtualorchard.net> and managed by Win Cowgill and Jon Clements <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.

Apple-Crop is not moderated. Therefore, the statements do not represent "official" opinions and the Virtual Orchard takes no responsibility for the content.





Reply via email to