On Wednesday, February 21, 2007, at 11:15 PM, derry&bill wrote:

David,

What is the brand name and how long are the loppers?

Derry Walsh


        
Derry:
The new loppers are the French-made Bahco brand, model P16. Mine are 23inches overall length. The handle is marked "Professional Bahco Pradines." I don't know what "pradines"
means.
My local supplier is OESCO, in Conway, MA. OESCO's catalog distinguishes the model P16 series from other Bahco models as making "slicing cuts." "Slicing" is descriptive if you think of slicing bread, with a compound forward and downward motion of the knife into the loaf. The Bahco blade edge does not close the gap by moving straight-on toward a point on the hook face, but rather has a rotary component. Unlike a bread-knife, Bahco's blade is not serrated. I don't know whether the "slicing" design is a significant factor in the cutting ease that I like. The blade is surprisingly sharp. It surprised me with a slicing cut to my finger.

David Kollas
        

Reply via email to