Hello all,

A couple of weeks ago, I wrote about overwintering adult mites that were
found under apple bark and on apple fruit in November.  See original
message below.  Peter Shearer from Rutgers and several others agreed
that it sounded like two-spotted spider mites. I also mentioned that I
would take some photos. Here's a link to my mite photos
http://www.hort.uconn.edu/ipm/fruit/htms/apmgpic2spot.htm

Any chance it can be yellow mites, Eutetranychus borealis carpini?

Note that most of these mites are still very much alive and started
moving around from the heat of the microscope lamps!