the orchard.  As I recall, it was a bait that was supposedly very
effective. Does anyone recall that subject? . . . if so, what is the name of the stuff, who makes it, & where can I buy it? I've been using an anti-coagulant called "Tom Cat" and it just doesn't seem to be very effective.

You're most likely thinking of Zinc Phosfide (sp?). ZP is one name, sold as pellets. provides a quick knock down, bait disolves when wet and mice quickly get bait shy.

I think a complete approach is needed. Get rid of as much cover as possible. Use mouse tree guards. Use ZP once/year, late in the season(now). I also have sheets of old barn roofing steel all around the perimeter of the orchard. Apply the Tom Cat chunks underneath the steel sheets just before winter sets in. Then the mice have a nice place to get out of the weather AND a little to eat <Grin>

Karl



---------------------------------------------------------------------------


The 'Apple-Crop' LISTSERV is sponsored by the Virtual Orchard <http://www.virtualorchard.net> and managed by Win Cowgill and Jon Clements <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.

Apple-Crop is not moderated. Therefore, the statements do not represent "official" opinions and the Virtual Orchard takes no responsibility for the content.





Reply via email to