My experience will Ethryl bordered on unethical. About two weeks before
a large, beautiful Golden Delicious harvest we had a hail storm. Fruit
sugar levels were too low by Washington state law to harvest so the
packing house fieldman recommended spraying Ethryl to raise sugar levels
before the hail marks showed up. Around 200 bins of fruit was sprayed,
rush harvested, packed and sold within a week. Our returns came back
good with no complaints from the packinghouse salesmen so I guess it
must have worked. I wouldn't recommend it nor do it again.

Bill Fleming
Montana State University
Western Ag Research Center
Corvallis, MT 59828