Billy,
    When the Plum Pox Virus was identified in PA, Penn State folks did
extensive study on the valuation of peach orchards so that a fair value
could be set for orchard eradication.  I would contact Lynn Kime
(l...@psu.edu) for the proper references and tables to evaluate peach
orchard values.  In your case, a highway would be a permanent loss of
production -- a condition which was different for those affected by Plum
Pox Virus where different crops could be planted after 3 years -- and
where peaches might be reestablished after the quarantine period would
be lifted.  Accordingly, there would have to be an imputed value for
permanent loss of production in the area of the highway.
    Lynn worked closely with Dr. Jayson K. Harper, Professor of
Agricultural Economics at Penn State, to develop the orchard valuations
and should be able to at least "point you" in the right direction.
-Brad

Brad M. Hollabaugh
General Manager
Hollabaugh Bros., Inc.