From: Jon Clements <cleme...@umext.umass.edu>
To: Apple-Crop <apple-crop@virtualorchard.net>
Sent: Sat, Nov 21, 2009 11:54 am
Subject: Re: Apple-Crop: Mystery apple?

This has gotten interesting. I ate the apple yesterday -- rather dense
in hand, but flesh rather fine and somewhat soft, certainly not
crispy-crunchy, but not soft to bite (like McIntosh) either. Skin
intermediate in thickness, not unpleasant. Complex-sweet flavor, but
not 'fruity.' Is reminiscent of Fuji.

Here are a couple higher-res pictures.

http://fruit.umext.umass.edu/images/2009apples/c-smysteryapplecalyxend.jpg

http://fruit.umext.umass.edu/images/2009apples/c-smysteryapplestemeend.jpg

Is Keith going to send the 5 bucks to whoever gets it right?

JC

--
JMCEXTMAN
Jon Clements