Hi Bill

We use oil religiously up until full pink bloom at About 6 US gallons per
acre . we haven't sprayed an additional miticide in over 15 years. We
consider it the best first step in our insect/mite program.. but it is time
consuming . avoid frost forecast by 48 hours..

The secret to the whole thing is water volume . if you don't get 200 to 250
gallons per acre on M26 /M7 size trees .don't bother. Coverage isn't
important it's everything..

As far as I'm concerned the yield thing is the latest urban myth .  It is
all the chit chat here in Ontario .seems to have originated in Western New
York nobody  I know has found  any scientific research that supports this
claim .. You know the margins on Mineral oils don't stack up very favourably
compared to the other products  people are  selling .

doug