Yea, look at me, given my old(er) age -- the NRVART (Newspaper
Readability Venturia Ascospore Release Threshold) depends on: the
light level (civil twilight, nautical twilight, astronomical twilight?
see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twilight) , distance reading the
Newspaper (far is probably better I am farsighted, oh not really,
actually I am presbyoptic,
see:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presbyopia), font size (obviously),
and whether or not I can find my eye glasses. (Forgetfullness, sorry,
not in Wikipedia, but my bi-focal glasses are no-line TransitionsTM,
CriizalTM no-glare/reflections, about $250 each at Costco or WalMart
if I buy the cheaper frames.)  Oh, and does the NRVART include reading
the newspaper on an iPad?

But BTW, I can perfectly relate to the PDBA fireblight index!

Sorry to downgrade an otherwise excellent discussion!

:-)

Jon

JMCEXTMAN
Jon Clements