I have yet to taste a honeycrisp that is better than blah or that lacks
off-flavors… despite the great reputation.  Even fruit grown around here
(Maine).  My original point was that mediocre quality (due to whatever) will
eventually undermine this variety.

However, demand is so high that honeycrisp is going into the orchard.  As a
U-pick operation, I don’t expect to have storage related deterioration;
also, I expect that someone who picks an apple herself is more likely to be
favorably impressed, for no other reason than because she (or her adorable
little grandchild) picked it.

Steven Bibula

Plowshares Community Farm

236 Sebago Lake Road