Thanks Brian,

It can be a bit confusing in determining the definition of a
contractor.  In Googling State information, I came across 20 different
questions/guidelines to try to determine whether someone is classified
as an employee or contractor.  What makes it more confusing is that
some producers hire "crews" to thin their peaches and classify them as
contractors.

Either way, I've decided to hire the teens as employees, not
contractors, for the temporary help I need, based on all the good
advice on this listserv.  I already fill out a 943 and W2 for my son,
who helps me.

Mark Angermayer
Tubby Fruits Peach Orchard
Bucyrus KS